- Potato: 1
- Carrot: 2
- Raw plantain: 1
- Cucumber (chopped): 1/2 cup
- Drumstick: 1
- Snake gourd (chopped): 1/2 cup
- Onion: 1
- Raw mango: 1 or 2 (depending upon the sourness)
- Elephant foot yam(chopped): 1/2 cup
- Grated coconut: 1 cup
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Shallots: 3-4
- Green chilly: 2
- Water: for cooking vegetables
- Curry leaves
- Coconut oil
- Clean thoroughly and chop all the vegetables into medium sized pieces (lengthwise).
- Cut raw mango into thin slices and keep aside.
- Grind together the grated coconut, shallots, 2-3 curry leaves, 1 green chilly, turmeric powder and cumin powder.
- In a pan, put all the vegetables together ,except raw mango , with enough water to cook the vegetables.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder and salt into it.
- When it starts boiling, add curry leaves and green chilly.
- Cover it with a lid and allow to cook it in a medium flame.
- When it is half done, add the chopped mango pieces and mix well.
- Once the water in drained and vegetables are almost done, add the ground mix and cover it with the vegetables to get it cooked.
- After a few minutes, saute well.
- Add one tablespoon of coconut oil and curry leaves into it. Close the lid so that the aroma of oil and curry leaves spreads into the curry.
- Open it just before serving and enjoy!!!!!
- You can substitute raw mango with curd, tomato or tamarind juice.
- Curd or tamarind juice can be added along with raw mango depending upon the sourness.
- Do not over cook the vegetables.