- Ripe Banana: 3
- All purpose flour / Maida: 1 cup
- Turmeric powder: a pinch
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 - 3/4 tsp
- Sugar: 2 tsp
- Salt: a pinch
- Coconut oil for deep frying
Cuisine: South Indian Cooking time: 15 mins Serving: 2-3 people
- Peel the bananas and cut it into lengthy thin pieces.
- Make the batter by mixing flour, sugar, salt, turmeric powder and cumin seeds together without any lumps. The batter should have a medium consistency as of dosa batter.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan or kadai.
- Dip each sliced banana pieces in to the batter.
- When the oil get heated, deep fry both sides of the dipped banana till golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil in fried banana using paper towels.
- Serve it hot!!!!!
Enjoy it with an evening tea 🙂
- You may use a little (1/4 tsp) baking powder along with the batter.
- If you need to have more color, you can add a little artificial color too.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Pazham Pori / Banana Fry,