- Long Beans: 250gm
- Shallots: 3-4 small
- Green Chilly: 1-2 nos.
- Curry Leaves: as required
- Grated Cocunut: half cup (can be increased as you like)
- Turmeric Powder: 1/4 Tsp
- Cumin Powder: 1/4 Tsp
- Garlic:2-3 cloves (small)
- Dried Red Chilly:1-2 medium
- Mustard: half tsp
- Coconut Oil
Cuisine: South Indian Cooking time: 20-25 mins Serving: 4 people
- Clean well and chop the beans into small pieces.
- Crush coconut along with garlic, green chilly, turmeric powder, cumin powder and a few (2-3) curry leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan and when it becomes hot add mustard seeds. When they pop up add chopped shallots, dried red chillies and some curry leaves.
- Add the above coconut mix and saute well until it is fried a little.
- Place this aside in a bowl.
- Add the chopped beans and salt in to the same pan and mix well.
- Sprinkle some water and cover it with a lid.
- Cook it for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the fried coconut and cover it with the beans for 2 minutes.
- Saute well till it is dry and done.
- Add the remaining curry leaves .
- Serve it with warm rice. 😉
- Instead of using a mixer, we can make the coconut mix by crushing it with a mortar and pestle and mix well with hands.
- For faster cooking, no need to fry the coconut.
- Stir the beans once in between to make sure that the beans may not stick to the bottom of the pan.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Long Beans/Achinga Payar Thoran,