- Ground Beef (or) small beef cubes: 500g
- Potato: 2 nos. (medium)
- Onion: 2 nos.
- Ginger: 1 table spoon
- Garlic: 1 tea spoon
- Green chilly: 1-2 nos.
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves (optional)
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tea spoon.
- Meat masala: 1 tea spoon.
- Garam masala: 1 tea spoon.
- Pepper powder: 1 tea spoon.
- Salt: to taste
- Egg: 1
- Bread crumbs: 1 cup
- Mustard seeds
- If the beef is not ground, cook it with pepper, turmeric powder, and salt, when it get cooled grind it on mixer slightly to get a minced form.
- Pressure cook potato and mash it well.
- Cut onion, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Chop ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Separate egg white, beat it and keep it in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When it pops up add chopped onion followed by ginger and garlic.
- Add chopped green chilly, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and pepper powder.
- Add ground beef or minced beef, meat masala and cook it well for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Add mashed potato and mix well.
- Add garam masala and pepper powder and mix well.
- Allow this mix to cool.
- Make small balls or into desired shape.
- Dip it in the beaten egg and cover it with bread crumbs.
- Fry it in hot oil till it becomes brown on color both side (say 1 minute).
Goes well with tomato sauce or warm rice.. 😉