- Beetroot: 1 cup
- Grated coconut: 1/2 cup
- Small onion: 2-3 nos.
- Curd: 1 cup
- Green chilly: 1-2 nos.
- Curry leaves
- Cumin Powder: 1/2 tea spoon
- Dried Chilly: 1-2 nos.
- Mustard Seeds
- Grate beetroot and keep it aside.
- Make a fine paste with grated coconut, 2 small onions, cumin seeds (powder) and a little water.
- Chop remaining small onions and green chilly.
- Powder 1 tsp of mustard seeds and keep it aside.
- In a pan, cook the grated beetroot along with green chilly and salt by adding water.
- Pour the ground coconut mix into the cooked beetroot and cook it for sometime.
- Add powdered mustard seeds into it and allow it to cool.
- Once it is cooled, grind well in a mixer.
- Add curd into it and mix well.
- Heat oil in another pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add chopped small onions, dried chilly and curry leaves.
- Pour this seasoning into the above beetroot mix and cover it well.
- Saute well before serving.
- Add a little chilly powder along with grated beetroot while cooking, if you need it spicy.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Beetroot Pachadi/ Beetroot with Curd,