- Eggs - 4
- Vegetable oil - 1 1/4 cups
- White sugar - 2 cups
- Vanilla extract - 2 teaspoons
- All-purpose flour - 2 cups
- Baking soda - 2 teaspoons
- Baking powder - 2 teaspoons
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon - 2 teaspoons
- Grated carrots - 3 cups
- Chopped pecans - 1 cup
- Whipping cream
- Vanilla extract - 1 Teaspoon
- Confectioners' sugar - 1 Cup
- Designer chips (if required)
Cuisine: International Cooking time: 120 mins Serving: 15 people
- Get the ingredients ready on your table.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Grease and flour a 9 inch pan.
- Beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla, using a blender in a bowl.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, blend again.
- Add carrots and pecans to the same bowl and blend again.
- Pour the prepared mix in to the pan.
- Bake in the oven about 40-45 minutes, or until a clean toothpick test.
- Turn off the oven and transfer the cake in toe wire rack and let it cool completely
- In a bowl- blend Whipping cream, vanilla extract, confectioners sugar until it make a smooth form.
- Design the frost over the cooled cake.
- Pour the designer chips over (this is completely up to you, we were making a Birthday cake so we have added chocolate chips over, which made it looking beautiful)
- If you happen to have only cinnamon sticks, make sure it is finely powdered before adding to the mix.
- You could keep the prepared frosting in fridge for 15 minutes to get it set before applying over the cake.
Courtesy: allrecipes.com [carrot cake III]
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Carrot Cake,
You might also like:
Meal: Dessert Food type: