- Carrot: 2
- Grated coconut: 1/2 cup
- Small onions: 3-4
- Garlic pods: 2-3
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Green chilly: 1-2
- Curry leaves
- Dried chilly: 1
- Mustard seeds
- Clean and grate the carrots.
- Chop small onions and green chilly.
- Crush coconut along with garlic, green chilly, turmeric powder, cumin powder and a few (1-2) curry leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they pop up add chopped shallots, dried red chillies and some curry leaves.
- Add the grated carrot and salt in to the same pan and mix well.
- Add 5-6 table spoon of water and cover it with a lid.
- Let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the above coconut mix and cover it for 2 minutes.
- Saute well till it is dry and done.
- Add the remaining curry leaves .
- Enjoy it with warm rice..