- Chakka chula (Jack fruit flesh): 1 cup
- Rice flour: 1 cup
- Jaggery (Sugar): 1/2 cup (add more if u want to )
- Dried ginger (Chukku): 1/4 tsp
- Vazhanayila (Bay leaves)
- Chop jack fruit flesh into thin pieces.
- Melt jaggery in 1/2 cup of water, remove the impurities, if any. Keep it aside.
- Add the chopped jack fruit flesh into the melted jaggery, cook well till it mashes.
- Remove from fire and keep aside for few minutes.
- Add rice flour little by little and combine well without any lumps. Check the sweetness in between.
- The consistency of the dough should not be too thick or too loose. It should be firm enough to place it on the bay leaves.
- Add dried ginger powder and mix well.
- Place a little dough on one edge of bay leaf, fold it into half and place another portion of dough into another half and fold it again.
- Pressure cook (without inserting weight) or steam it in a vessel for 15-20 minutes or until it is done.
- Enjoy it as a tea time snack… 🙂
- If you are not having bay leaves, place the dough in a plate and steam cook it. Once it is cooled, it can be cut into desired shapes!!!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Chakka Appam,