- Eggs: 2
- Onion: 2 medium
- Green chilly: 2-3 nos.
- Tomato: 1 big
- Ginger: 1 inch piece
- Garlic: 4-5
- Red chilly powder: 3/4 -1 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala: 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds
- Boil the eggs in a closed pan for 15-20 minutes
- Once boiled, peel the shell, make vertical slits (more than half portion) and keep aside.
- Slice onion and green chilly into thin pieces.
- Chop ginger, garlic and tomato and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds.
- Saute the onion till translucent, followed by ginger and garlic.
- Add green chilly and curry leaves, fry it for a few minutes.
- Add chopped tomato, allow it to cook well and soft.
- Add turmeric, chilly, coriander powders by keeping in a low flame and mix them well.
- Add pepper powder, garam masala powder and saute well until the raw smell of the powders disappear.
- Add 1/4 cup of water, stir it and cook it for a few minutes.
- Add the eggs one by one and cover it with the gravy. Garnish with curry leaves or coriander leaves.
Serve it with appam, chappathi or puttu!!!
- If more gravy is required, add 1/2 a cup of thick coconut milk.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Egg Roast,