- Ripe Banana (better if ripe well and sweet): 6-7 nos
- Jaggery : 500 gm , add more if the banana is not sweet enough
- Ghee: 3 Tbsp + 3Tbsp
- Coconut milk (first milk): 1 cup
- Coconut milk (second milk): 1 cup
- Cardamom: 3/4-1 tsp (or more if you like)
- Cashews: 8-10 (or more if you like)
- Coconut pieces: 1-3 Tbsp
- Raisins: 8-10 (or more if you like)
- Cook the ripe banana in a pressure cooker for 4-5 whistles, or until it is cooked well.
- Remove the skin and the black root in the middle of banana, and mash the banana to foam almost like a paste.
- Melt 2 cup of jaggery in 1 cup of boiling water, once it is completely dissolved remove from the flame, filter the liquid to remove any dirt and keep it aside.
- Grind the cardamom.
- Fry the raisins and cashew nuts in 1-2 Tbsp of ghee and keep it aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, once heated add the mashed banana and mix well for 5 minutes.
- Add the melted jaggery and let it boil well.
- Now add the second coconut milk, mix well and add little water (say 1/2 cup). If the mix is too thick add more water, stir in between.
- When it starts thickened, add the first coconut milk and once it starts boiling remove from flame.
- Add the grounded cardamom and fried raisins, cashew nuts to the prepared payasam, mix well.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Ethakka Payasam / Banana Payasam,