- Fish (we used king fish, but any other fish would be ok): 1/4 kg
- Ginger: 1/2 inch piece
- Garlic: 4-5 pods (small)
- Cocum: 3-4 (medium)
- Green chilly: 2-3
- Dried chilly: 2-3
- Chilly powder: 1-2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek powder: a little
- Curry leaves
- Salt: to taste
- Mustard seeds
- Coconut oil
- Clean and cut fish into medium size pieces.
- Chop ginger, garlic and green chilly into thin pieces.
- In a bowl, place cocum in little warm water (kuthiran vakkuka)
- Keep 2 cups of warm water ready
- Heat oil in a pan or preferably clay pot. Add mustard seeds, when it starts splutter add fenugreek seeds.
- Add dried chilly and curry leaves.
- Add ginger, garlic, green chilly and saute well.
- Lower the flame and add turmeric powder followed by chilly powder and fenugreek powder. Saute well until its raw smell disappears.
- Add enough water and salt. Allow it to start boiling.
- Add cocum and fish pieces. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes in low flame.
- Rotate the pan in between. Also check for salt.
- Once oil starts separating and curry becomes concentrated, fish curry is ready…
- Be ready with rice and kappa puzhungiyathu so that we can enjoy it as HOT.. 😉
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Fish Curry (Toddy shop special),