- Rice flour: 2 cups ( better if the flour is home made).
- Grated coconut: 1/2 cup
- Butter / Ghee: 2 tsp (optional)
- Boil water in a pan with enough salt.
- Grease the idly moulds with butter or ghee. Sprinkle grated coconut on each moulds.
- Make the steamer ready with enough water.
- Take the rice flour in a wide mouthed bowl.
- Pour the boiling water little by little and stir with a spoon or fork.
- Let the dough to cool for a few minutes.
- When it is warm enough to handle, knead with your hands to form a soft dough.
- Make small balls of dough and put in the idiyappam press.
- Squeeze on the greased idly moulds.
- Steam it for 8-10 minutes or until it is done.
- Carefully take it from steam and remove it from moulds by using spoon.
- Serve and enjoy it warm with vegetable stoo or chicken curry!!!
- You will love it for sure 🙂
- We can add a little ghee to the boiling water to get softer idiyappams.
- Also we may grease the idiyappam press with ghee so that the dough will not stick into it.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Idiyappam / Rice Noodles,