- Kachil / Greater Yam: 4 medium pieces
- Salt Garlic Chutney
- Coconut: 1 cup
- Garlic: 2 pods (small)
- Curry leaves
- Chilly powder: 1/2 tsp (can be changed depending on your spicy level)
– Wash thoroughly, peel off the skin and clean the yam pieces and keep ready.
– Get the chutney ingredients ready.
1. Pressure cook the cleaned yam pieces with enough salt and water for about 20-25 minutes.
2. Once it is cooked, check with a tooth pick or pierce fork
3. Drain in a colander and keep aside, it is ready to be served.
4. Now prepare the chutney, grind together all the chutney ingredients .
5. Mix it with your hand after transferring it to a bowl.
6. Enjoy the boiled yam with the chutney or ulli chamanthi 🙂