- Kovakka / Ivy gourd: 1 cup
- Onion: 1
- Green chilly: 1
- Garlic: 2-3 pods
- Ginger: 1/4 tsp (chopped)
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder: 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds
- Clean and slice ivy gourd into thin round or lengthy pieces.
- Cut onion and garlic into thin fine pieces.
- Chop green chilly and ginger into small pieces.
- In a pan, heat oil and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add finely chopped onion with a little salt and saute well to become translucent.
- Add ginger, garlic and mix well.
- Add green chilly and curry leaves.
- Add turmeric powder and combine well.
- Add sliced ivy gourd pieces and mix well, cover it with a lid in a medium flame and allow it to cook.
- Stir in between so as not get stick on the pan, add salt if necessary.
- Add pepper powder and saute well.
- Keep it until it becomes soft.
- Remove from flame and serve hot.
- If you dont like to add much oil, reduce it add 1-2 table spoon water while cooking the ivy gourd
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Kovakka / IvyGourd Mezhakuperatty ,