- Rice flour: 1 cup
- Boiling water
- Salt: to taste
- Grated coconut: 1/2 - 3/4 cup
- Jaggery: 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds : a pinch
- Cardamom, crushed (optional): a pinch
- Ghee: 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl, mix grated coconut with filling ingredients and keep it aside.
- In a sauce pan, boil water with enough salt.
- Get the steamer or Idly cooker with enough water.
- In a wide bowl put rice flour, add the boiling water little by little and mix with with a spoon.
- Once it become warm enough to mix with hand, knead it to form a soft dough. If necessary, paste a little ghee to your hand before kneading.
- Make medium balls from the dough.
- Press it in the middle to make room for the filling. (half or 1 tsp of filling is enough in each balls).
- Cover it by folding from the sides and form it in a ball shape.
- Steam it for 8-10 minutes.
- Enjoy it !!!!
- Replace jaggery with sugar if required.
- Make sure that you add enough water while preparing the dough, if you add it at any later stage it make the kozhukatta harder.
- Better to add boiling water.