- Sardine fish: 750g
- Small onion: 7-8 Nos
- Ginger: 1 tsp.
- Garlic: 1 tsp.
- Green Chilly: 1-2
- Raw Mango: 1
- Red (Kashmiri) Chilly Powder: 3 tbsp
- Coriander Powder (optional): 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek Powder: 1/4 tsp
- Pepper Powder (optional): a pinch
- Curry leaves
- Hot water
- Mustard Seeds
Cuisine: Cooking time: 20-25 mins Serving: 3 people
- Clean the fish well and keep it aside, you may cut the fish in to medium sized pieces if required.
- Cut the raw mango into medium sized lengthy pieces.
- Cut small onion and green chilly.
- Cut ginger and garlic into small pieces.
- Get the powders and hot water ready.
- In a pan, pour oil, preferably coconut oil.
- Add mustard seeds and when it started spluttering, add small onions (shallots).
- When the small onions starts to turn a brown color, add ginger and garlic.
- Add green chilly and curry leaves and mix them well.
- Reduce the flame, add the powders and mix well.
- Add the hot water little by little and combine well.
- Pour enough amount of salt.
- Add fish pieces when it starts to boil.
- Add mango pieces and rotate the pan.
- Allow to cook it in a low flame for about 10-15 minutes, make sure the pan is covered with a lid.
- When the fish is cooked,add some more curry leaves and remove it from fire.
- Enjoy eating with rice, chappathy etc. !! 😉
- It is better to clay pot (Chatti) for preparing fish, which gives an authentic taste, if using claypot you could turn off the fire a little earlier.
- Don’t stir with spoon after adding the fish pieces instead we can rotate the pan for mixing.
- The curry will taste better when it is served at least after a day.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Fish Curry - Mathy/Sardine,
You might also like:
Meal: Food type: