- Potato:1 medium
- Onion:2 medium
- Ginger: 1 small
- Garlic: 2-3 pods
- Green Chilly:2-3
- Turmeric Powder: half Tsp
- Pepper Powder:1 Tab sp (as reqd)
- Salt: as reqd
- Garam Masala / Meat Masala: half Tsp
- Curry Leaves: as reqd
- Egg: 1
- Bread Crumbs: 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds
- Oil for frying
- Cut the mutton to medium pieces without bone.
- Cook it by adding turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt, preferrably in a cooker for 2-3 whistles.
- Boil the potatoes, peel it, mash it and keep aside.
- Chop ginger and garlic into fine pieces.
- Cut green chilly into small pieces.
- Separate egg white, beat it slightly with a spoon and keep it aside too.
- Chop the onion into small, fine pieces so that it get easily cooked.
- Pour some oil in a pan.
- Crackle mustard seeds when it becomes hot.
- Add chopped onion and a little salt and saute it well until light brown.
- Add ginger, garlic, chopped green chillies and curry leaves and stir well.
- Mix well with turmeric powder, pepper powder and masala powder.
- Add mashed potatoes and cooked meat.
- Keep it in a low flame and saute it well.
- If necessary add salt.
- Keep this aside to cool well.
- Take the above mix (handful) and make an oval shape.
- Dip it in the egg white and roll in the bread crumbs.
- Fry it in the oil, till it turns into golden brown color.
- Serve hot as an appetizer or as a side dish.
- We can substitute maida or all pupose flour mixed with water (flour paste) for egg white.
- To get good shape, use a big spoon for rolling.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Mutton Cutlet,