- Puff pastry sheet : for 12 puff
- Mutton: 250 gm
- Onion: 3
- Tomato: 1 big or 2 medium
- Ginger: 1.5 tsp
- Garlic: 7-8 pods
- Green chilly: 2 Nos.
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder: 1tsp + 1tsp
- Coriander powder: 1.5 tsp
- Chilly powder: 1 tsp
- Meat masala: 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala: 2pinch
- Salt: as required
- Curry leaves: 1 sprig
- Coriander leaves: as required
- Mustard seeds
- Keep the puff sheet in room temperature for a few hours, we have used sunbullah puff pastry sheets.
- Clean the mutton, make sure it is boneless, cut it in to small pieces (say 1/2 inch approx.)
- Marinate the mutton pieces with 1/2 turmeric powder, salt and 1 tsp pepper powder, keep it refrigerated for 10-15 minutes.
- Chop onion, garlic, ginger, green chilly, tomato, curry leaves and coriander leaves in to very small thin pieces.
- Separate egg white in to a bowl and beat with a spoon and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 220 C.
- Prepare a baking pan, line it with aluminium foil or parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic, saute for a few seconds, add chopped onion, salt and saute again till the onion turns golden brown, in low flame.
- Add tomato followed by chopped green chilly and mix well and cover it with a lid for few minutes, stir in between.
- Add curry leaves, mix well, turn the flame to low.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp pepper powder, coriander powder, chilly powder, and meat masala, mix well for few minutes.
- Add marinated mutton pieces and combine well with the masala, sprinkle garam masala and coriander leaves.
- It takes longer to cook the mutton in pan, so you could pressure cook it till 3-4 whistles or until the mutton is cooked well. Don’t add water.
- Let this cool down, and now start preparing your pastry sheet.
- Prepare a small bowl with enough water and keep it aside.
- Roll the pastry sheet to stretch it, if necessary. Make sure you pour little wheat flour while rolling.
- Place enough masala (say : 1 tbsp), in to one side of the sheet and close it from the other side.
- Wet your fingers with the water and press the edges to close it properly, leave the sides open.
- Spread the egg white on top with a pastry brush.
- Place it in the prepared pan, cook in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the puff turns in slightly brown.
Enjoy it with a hot tea 😉
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Mutton Puffs,