- Mutton: 1 Kg
- Shallot/Small Onion: 30-35 Nos
- Big Onion: 2
- Tomato: 2 Medium
- Green Chilly: 2 Big
- Ginger: 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Garlic: 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder: 2 tsp
- Chilly Powder: 4 tsp
- Meat Masala: 4 tsp
- Pepper: 3-4 Table spoon
- Salt as required
- Oil as required
- Mustard Seed
- Coconut chunks 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves
- Garam Masala
- Coconut Milk (1st)
- Coconut Milk (2nd)
Cuisine: South Indian Cooking time: 120 mins Serving: 3-4 people
- Clean the mutton and cut into medium sized pieces.
- Marinate it with pepper and salt for half an hour.
- Cut the shallots and onions into thin pieces and keep aside.
- Cut he tomato and green chilly into medium sized pieces.
- Chop the ginger and garlic into small pieces.
- Cut the coconut chunks into thin small sized pieces.
- Prepare the first and second coconut milk.
- In a pan, heat the oil and add mustard seeds.
- When it crackles, add shallots, ginger and garlic and saute well until it becomes soft.
- Add onions, green chilly and salt and saute well until it turns brown color.
- Add tomato pieces and curry leaves and stir well to get it mixed well.
- Add turmeric, coriander, chilly, meat masala and pepper powder and mix well.
- Add the marinated mutton pieces and saute well
- Add the second coconut milk.
- Transfer this into a pressure cooker and cook it until 4-5 whistles.
- Meantime fry the sliced coconut chunks and keep it aside.
- Transfer the cooked mutton into back to the pan and add the fried coconut chunks.
- Keep it in low flame for 15-20 minutes until the gravy becomes thick.
- Add garam masala and pepper.
- Pour the first coconut milk and take the pan out from fire when it starts boiling.
- Garnish it with curry leaves or coriander leaves and serve hot.. 🙂
- The later the better, the curry taste good after a day.
- The more shallots the more taste.
- Don’t add much water to the mutton as the water oozes from mutton and also it takes much time to evaporate it.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Naadan Mutton Curry / Kerala Style Mutton Curry,