- Okra- 4-5 pieces
- Yogurt (Curd) - 1 cup
- Curry leaves
- Dried chilly: 1
- Turmeric powder-1/4 Tsp
- Mustard seeds
Okra (Ladies Finger) with Yoghurt
- Clean and cut the okra into thin slices, preferably in round shape.
- Keep aside the yogurt in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and when they splutter, add curry leaves and dried chilly pieces (optional).
- Add okra pieces with a little water and salt, and allow it to cook (shallow fry).
- Add turmeric powder and stir well.
- Add this fry into yogurt.
- Mix well before serving.
Add 2-3 thin slices of small onions to the oil before frying Okra makes it taste special.
Add a pinch of chilly powder if you want to make it a bit hot.
If we fry okra in the oil , without water till brown color, it becomes more tastier, but not healthier.