- Palak: 500gm
- Grated coconut: 1/2 cup
- Garlic: 2-3 pods
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Green chilly: 1-2 (small)
- Dried chilly: 1
- Shallot: 2-3
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds
Cuisine: Indian Cooking time: 15 mins Serving: 2 people
- Wash, clean and shred palak into medium slices.
- Chop garlic and shallots into fine pieces.
- Coarsely grind grated coconut, garlic, turmeric powder, cumin powder, 1-2 curry leaves and green chilly and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds.
- When it crackles, add dried chilly, curry leaves, the above coconut mix and fry it well.
- Transfer the fried mix into a bowl.
- Add shredded palak into the pan along with enough water and salt. Cook it well for 8-10 minutes.
- After the water content evaporate, add the fried coconut mix into it and cover it for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir well to get a dry mix.
- Serve this with warm rice.
- For making thoran with red spinach, the procedure is same as above.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Palak Thoran / Spinach with Coconut,