- Basmati rice: 2 cup
- Cinnamon: 2 inch
- Cardamom: 4-5 Nos
- Salt: as required
- Ghee: 2 Tbsp
- Onion: 1/2
- Cashew nut : 5-8 nos
- Clean the rice , and soak in water for 15 – 20 minutes
- Heat the ghee in a rice pan
- Split the cinnamon and add it along with cardamom and required salt.
- Add the soaked rice and mix well.
- Add exactly double the amount of water ( 4 cup in our case).
- Close the pan with a lid and cook it in medium flame until the rice is done, and water completely evaporated
- In another pan add a table spoon of ghee, fry the onion and cashew. Transfer this to the top of cooked rice.
- Serve hot with mutton/chicken/daal curry.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Ghee Rice/ Neychoru,