- Karimeen: 1/2 kg
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder: 1-2 Tbsp
- Pepper powder: 1 1/2 tsp
- Ginger: 1/2 inch piece
- Garlic: 2-3 pods
- Lemon juice: 1 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Curry leaves: 2-3
- Oil: for frying
- Onion: 3
- Tomato: 2
- Ginger-Garlic paste: 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder: 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Clean and cut the fishes into desired size.
- Chop onion, ginger, garlic, green chilly and tomato into thin pieces.
- In a bowl, make a paste with turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt, pepper powder, lemon juice, a few curry leaves, ginger and garlic.
- Marinate the fish pieces with the above paste and keep it aside for 20-30 minutes or refrigerate it for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat enough oil in a pan and fry the marinated fish pieces.
- Once fried, move it to a tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
- In the same pan add ginger garlic paste, onion, tomato, salt and saute well.
- Add turmeric powder, pepper powder and curry leaves.
- Make it in the form of masala, add the fried fish pieces and cover it with the masala.
- Remove from heat after a minute and keep it aside for a while (approx. 10-15 minutes) until the fish is well mixed with the masala
- If required, heat it before serving!!!