- Cleaned Salmon slices - 300 gm
- Shallots (thin slices) - 2-3 nos
- Ginger (chopped) - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic (chopped) - 1/4 tsp
- Green chilly (long slices) - 2-3 nos
- Tomato (chopped) - 3 nos (medium size), add more tomato if you like strong taste
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder (Kashmiri) - 3.5 - 4 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 pinch
Cuisine: Indian Cooking time: 20-25 minutes mins Serving: 3 people
- Make a thick paste of the spices with water. (approx. 2 Tbsp water), keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan/clay pot, add mustard seeds once the oil is hot.
- Add shallots, followed by ginger, garlic, green chilly and some curry leaves.
- Once it is slightly cooked add chopped tomatoes, and saute well.
- Once the water content starts to disappear, reduce heat, add the prepared thick paste of spices.
- Saute it well in low heat, until the raw smell of spices disappears. Approx. 8 minutes.
- Add salt, along with a cup of water.
- Once it starts to boil add the salmon pieces.
- Cook it in medium heat until the fish is cooked.
- Add curry leaves and the curry is ready to serve.
Works well with rice, any kind of bread or puttu.
Courtesy : Jeeba Mobin’s Kitchen 🙂