- Raw rice - 4 Cup
- Jaggery - 1 Cup
- Banana - 4
- Coconut pieces - 1/2 coconut
- Black gingelly/ sesame seeds - 1 tsp.
- Ghee - 2 Spoon
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Salt - 1/2 tsp.
- Coconut Oil - Fill the holes in unni appam pan.
- Grate Jaggery (if round and hard).
- Grind banana and Jaggery together in a mixer.
- Slice coconut in to small and thin rectangle pieces.
- Mix together rice and the banana-jaggery paste along with salt and cardamom powder.
- Heat ghee in a pan and slightly fry the coconut pieces and then gingelly seeds.
- Transfer the fried items to the above mix and keep the batter aside for 2 hours.
- Heat coconut oil in a unni appam pan, once it get heated pour the batter and fry until it turns brown color (both sides). Make sure the batter completely dip in to the oil.
- You could sprinkle some sugar on top of the prepared hot unni appam to get a special taste. 😉
- Add more jaggery if you need it more sweeter 🙂
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Unni Appam,