- Vanpayar(Red Cow Peas): 1 cup
- Small Onions : 1/2 cup
- Dried Chilly: 1-2
- Ginger: a small cube
- Curry Leaves
- Pepper Powder: 1/2 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1/4 Tsp
- Mustard seeds
- Soak vanpayar (red cow peas) over the night and pressure cook it until it is well cooked.
- Cut the shallots into small pieces and crush ginger.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds.
- Add sliced onions, salt and saute well until it is transparent.
- Add ginger, curry leaves and dried chilly.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add cooked vanpayar (red cow peas) and a little water to get mixed well.
- Add pepper powder and saute well.
- Add some more curry leaves and salt if necessary.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Vanpayar / Red Cow Peas Mezhakkuperatty,