- Vellarikka: 250g
- Curd: 1 cup
- Salt: to taste
- Grated coconut: 1/2 cup
- Shallots: 2-3
- Green chilly: 1 (small)
- Cumin powder: 1/4 tsp
- Dried chilly: 1 or 2
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds
Cuisine: Cooking time: 15 mins Serving: 3-4 people
- Peel cucumber and cut it into small thin pieces.
- Grind together all the ingredients with a little water to form a smooth paste.
- Powder a tablespoon of mustard seeds and keep aside.
- Slice green chilly and shallots into thin pieces.
- Cook the cucumber pieces with sliced green chilly enough water and salt.
- Add the coconut paste into it and cook it for a few minutes.
- Add the powdered mustard seeds and mix well.
- Allow this to cool and mix well by adding curd with a little water.
- Do the seasoning, by spluttering mustard seeds and adding shallots, dried chilly and curry leaves.
- Pour it into the curd mix and cover it with a lid.
- Mix well before serving.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Vellarikka / Cucumber Pachadi,
Meal: Food type: