Ladies Finger/Okra with yoghurtCourse: LunchCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Okra/Ladies finger 4-5 nos
Yoghurt (curd) – 1 cup
Curry leaves – as per your taste
Dried Chilly – 1 no (optional)
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1tsp
Mustard seed – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1Tbsp
- Clean and cut the okra into thin slices, preferably in round shape.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add mustard seed, when it splutters add curry leaves and dried chilly pieces
- Add Okra pieces along with 2Tbsp water and salt, saute well and shallow fry
- Add turmeric powder, mix well. Wait until the okra is cooked well.
- Pour the yoghurt to a bowl, add add in the prepared the okra and mix well.
- Add 2-3 thin slices of small onions to the oil before frying Okra makes it taste special.
- Add a pinch of chilly powder if you want to make it a bit hot.