Pavakka (Bitter gourd) – 1
Onion – 1
Grated coconut: 3/4 cup
Dried chilly: 2 nos.
Salt: to taste
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Clean and keep the bitter gourd in salt water for 30 minutes
- Chop onion and bitter gourd to think slices
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds.
- Add dried chillies and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion with a little salt and saute it well until it turns soft, in medium flame
- Add chopped bitter gourd, mix well. Cover it with a lid.
- Cook in low flame until the bitter gourd is almost cooked
- Add the grated coconut, mix well, and cook until the water content disappears