Shahi Tukra, is a simple yet delicious sweet bread pudding made with fried bread slices soaked in hot milk along with nuts, saffron and Cardamom
200 calorie per serving
Bread Slices: 8
Ghee: 2-3 tbsp (to fry the bread)
Milk: 500ml (full fat or low fat)
Sweetened condensed milk: 250gm
White chocolate: 1/4cup
Cardamom: 4 pods.
Pistachio: 8 sliced
Raisins: 2 tbsp
Saffron: 1 pinch
Cashew nuts: 5-6
- Cut the bread slices diagonally with no edges.
- Crush cardamom, slice the pistachio and keep it aside
- Heat milk in a pan, once it starts boiling add white chocolate and condensed milk.
- Reduce the heat and stir continuously until it gets slightly thicken and creamy, add saffron
- Check the sweetness and add more condensed milk/white chocolate if required.
- Meantime fry the bread with ghee in frying pan, both sides, until golden brown.
- Pour half of the thickened milk to a serving bowl.
- Add Cardamom, and raisins to the remaining milk in the pan, dip the fried bread slices one by one.
- Arrange the dipped bread into serving bowl already prepared, and pour the rest of the milk.
- Garnish with sliced pistachio, cashews and raisins